WARM GREENS with CITRUS DRESSING and POMEGRANATE

Download PDFCLEAN FOOD, revised edition | Fall | Page 175

USING POMEGRANATE SEEDS IS A SPECIAL WAY to dress up a variety of dishes. Combining greens with this citrus dressing, you simply can’t go wrong, and the addition of pomegranate seeds on top is like icing on the cake.

INGREDIENTS

2 bunches greens (try bok choy, kale or collard greens)
1 bunch watercress
Seeds from 1⁄2 large pomegranate

Dressing

Juice of 1 orange (about 1⁄4 cup)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon tamari
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

Preparation

In small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.

Prepare greens by trimming and discarding dried ends. Cut leaves into bite-size pieces. Keeping watercress aside, place all other greens in large sauté pan. Add citrus dressing and sauté 2 minutes or until bright green and tender. Fold in watercress and cook 1 more minute. Remove from heat and serve topped with pomegranate seeds.

SERVES 4–6

© 2012 Terry Walters

1. Jean
    Posted January 10, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

A friend sent me one of your receipes and I need to know what is Mirin? and where to purchase it. I am anxious to start eating clean.

Jean

2. Posted January 10, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

Hi Jean,

Mirin is a natural white cooking wine made from rice, and can be found at most health food stores. Check the label to make sure it does not have added sugar or preservatives. If you have a white wine on hand, I’m sure it will work just fine! Enjoy!

3. Kathy
    Posted January 28, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

I made the Pomegranate dressing for a dinner party and impressed one of my chef friends. He had to have the recipe and said it was his new favorite.
    Thanks! I have LOVED cooking clean and eating it is even better.

~~Kathy

4. Posted January 28, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

Hi Kathy,

It sounds like my recipes are keeping very good company! I’m so glad you’re enjoying cooking and eating CLEAN and thanks for connecting!

5. Posted March 26, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

Oh….my…gosh, it sounds delicious and just in time for shaking up our salad routine. We just talked about this last night. Gonna try the Strawberry kanten as well. We have kanten here in Hawaii, but never different flavors. Mmm.

6. Posted March 27, 2010 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Enjoy, Jeri! We’re experiencing a return to cold temperatures back in the northeast. So instead of cool and refreshing Kanten, we’re making baked stuffed apples!

One Trackback

1. By have cake, will travel | on October 3, 2011 at 4:43 am

[…] The best eye-candy, this one makes me feel healthier just flipping through it. Favorite recipe: Warm Greens with Citrus Dressing and Pomegranate. (You can find a bunch of other recipes there […]