Feb 11

Kale Is The New Chocolate!

How do YOU bring CLEAN FOOD into your life on Valentine’s Day to nourish yourself and the ones you love? Share your thoughts as an inspiration to others and as a reminder to treat yourself well this Valentine’s Day.
Hearts and Nuts

All comments posted before midnight, Sunday, February 14th, will be eligible to receive a CLEAN FOOD cookbook, and I’ll announce one lucky recipient on Monday, February 15th. Good luck and wishing you a delicious Valentine’s Day!

1. Catherine Brown
    Posted February 13, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

I’m celebrating the day with my family with a large organic salad topped with thin slices of local pasture raised sirloin and chunks of organic local goat cheese with warm slices of freshly baked whole grain sourdough bread and a glass of organic red wine. To finish, we’ll indulge in a raw black and white cheesecake I made using soaked cashews, organic cocoa, vanilla, honey, lemon zest and medjool dates. YUM!

2. Catherine Brown
    Posted February 13, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

I’m celebrating the day with my family with a large organic salad topped with chunks of raw organic local goat cheese with warm slices of freshly baked whole grain sourdough bread and a glass of organic red wine. To finish, we’ll indulge in a raw black and white cheesecake I made using soaked cashews, organic cocoa, vanilla, honey, lemon zest and medjool dates. YUM!

3. Posted February 14, 2010 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Catherine, that cheesecake sounds incredible! I’ll be right over!

4. Angela
    Posted February 13, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Permalink

I am new to clean food, I look forward to getting your book! Thanks so much for writing it!

5. Lisia Ross
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 12:02 am | Permalink

Our twins turn 2 years old Monday. We’re celebrating the day tomorrow (sunday) by romping in the snow in between two hearty homemade meals…. breakfast = whole grain french toast topped with organic strawberries and later on a steaming bowl of black bean chili = lunch. I love that they’re taking to healthy eating so well.

6. Stacie
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 1:36 am | Permalink

I’m very excited for the price fixe Valentine’s menu at our local vegetarian hotspot. It should be a thrill to see the special VDay delights!

7. Samantha Price
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

I am inspired by your cookbook and your mission! It will be Baked Stuffed Shells for a loving, heart healthy meal this Valentine’s Day. The best to you!

8. Deborah Dowson
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

I was intrigued by your book when I saw it waiting to be catalogued at my library, and I would love to own it. For Valentine’s Day I will make a raspberry pie with berries I picked last summer at the farm down the road from me.

9. salma
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

For V-day start the day off right- everyone should do one thing that makes them happy- an extra 5 mins in a hot shower- some good music- cleanse your spirit.
    As for the clean food portion- I have 2 recomendations- a caramelized fennel and low fat feta omelette for brunch- followed by the most divine dark chocolate bar from Cacao Atlanta (cacaoatlanta.com) called the Love Bar- full of anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals that will give you a boost for the rest of your day/evening.

10. Posted February 14, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Hi Salma, I’m going to take your advice right now! Off to a short shower with my new Giovanni body wash, and bit of spring cleaning (early as it is) to cleanse my home and start the week feeling renewed. Thanks!

11. Bethany Bellingham
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

My husband’s favorite tofu recipe is your Orange-Ginger Tofu. Sadly, he’s working today…and we hope to discover more family favorites. We love your book!

12. Posted February 14, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Hi Bethany,

Sadly, husband is working, too. So, instead of cooking CLEAN FOOD, I writing recipes for the next batch and your comments and all others are proving to be great inspiration!

13. Sher Baechtold
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

I am so glad that I live in an area where organic is readily available and our large grocery store really promotes local food they even label the produce items from local farms. I am in love with this movement! Sher B.

14. Posted February 14, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Kale is a true superfood! Love the energy it gives me, and oh so tasty. It feels like people are really wising up to eating healthier and better understanding the effects of our current food production systems on our health, the environment and the lives of other animals on this planet – Yah! Your cookbook looks amazing.

The world is changing, can you feel the shift?

15. Posted February 14, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

Hi Mary Ann,

The “shift” will take each and every one of us! Thank you for being a part of it!

16. Maggie
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

I add an extra dash of love to everything that I make, and then am sure to share it with all of the special people in my life.

17. Missie
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

Every time I get anything from you it inspires me to eat better and live better. Thanks!! So incredibly thrilled to know you!

18. Vera
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

Your book sounds awesome. During summer months in particular I try to eat raw from my garden. I like to dry wild stinging nettle leaves from my property for use as tea – a gift from nature that’s loaded with minerals.

19. salma
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

awesome Terry!
    also check out Cacao’s website for that fabulous dark chocolate bar, (apres V-day) but you wont regret it!

20. Sheila Guidice
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

I am an avid fan of Edible Finger Lakes Magazine, and Brian introduced me to your book through articles. I’m serving “World Peace Cookies” today with all local ingredients from the NY Finger Lakes Culinary Bounty recipe!

21. Posted February 14, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Thank you Terry for spreading the word about organic, healthy whole foods in such a beautiful way.
    I have raised 5 children on such foods and every day I learn more so I can add or change something to improve on my diet. My children are all grown & even though they fought me all the way, now they are all into the same healthy way of eating. I noticed your book at my daugter’s house after I had taken your workshop at the N.O.F.A winter conf. awhile ago and would really like to own one for myself. Keep up the good work, people are hungry for a better way of staying healthy.

22. Robin frydenborg
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Sharing organic chocolate while watching the Olympics! Awesome!

23. Diane
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Permalink

looking forward to getting a copy of this book tohelp me in my journey 🙂

24. loriann
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

Whatever fruit is in season and lusciously ripe is the basis for a Valentine’s Day sweet treat for my loved ones.

25. JUDY HAND
    Posted February 14, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

KALE IS A NEW CHOC..I LIKE THAT,,,I TAKE KALE AND ROAST IT IN THE OVEN AND IT’S MY NEW CHIPS,,,I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR NEXT COOK BOOK,CAN’T IMAGE BE ANY BETTER THAN THE ONE YOU HAVE,I AM SO THANKFUL FOR YOU DOING THIS BOOK AND USING THIS KIND OF WHOLE FOOD,THIS HAS BEEN THE PAST AS OUR GRANDPARENTS DID IT AND GREW IT AS WELL.,AND SOMEHOW IT GOT LOST,AND IT’S SEEM THAT YOUR BRINGING SOME EXCITEMENT BACK TO US,I CAN NOT TELL YOU WHICH IS MY FAVOR IN THE BOOK BECAUSE THERE IS SO MANY…THXS JUDY H.

26. Josephine
    Posted February 15, 2010 at 1:01 am | Permalink

Terry, I love all of your recipes. They are healthy, different and I feel so much better. Thank you for being creative. I would love to win your cookbook!

27. Josephine
    Posted February 15, 2010 at 1:02 am | Permalink

Quinoa Black Bean Salad is great.