Aug 20

Husk!

There I was, sitting in the window of Rootz (my organic hair salon), draped in a black smock, wet hair plastered to my neck and face getting coifed by Jen and curiously watching all the activity in the formerly empty store-front across the street. Collinsville, Connecticut is a slightly sleepy, slightly crunchy and very cool little town right on the Farmington River. So of course, as soon as I was done at Rootz I went straight in to see what all the fuss was about. I had heard a rumor about a new restaurant opening, and pleasantly surprised to find Jordan Stein, executive chef at one of my favorite local restaurants, The Pond House, scoping out his latest venture.

HUSK, New American Tacos is opening in the Center of Collinsville, Connecticut, this coming Monday, August 23rd, and you’ll not want to miss out. Collinsville is already a popular destination, and there’s no doubt that Husk will bring great vibes and delicious food to Main Street.

Jordan’s menu is full of fresh ingredients (he doesn’t even have a freezer!), with an emphasis on locally grown produce and sustainable practices like recycled plates made from palm. There’s something for everyone and everything is priced for this economy.

IMG_2718

Husk will offer counter service, take out, a few tables for those who prefer to sit and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, and hours that will allow you to fill all your taco needs – from dinner for the family to late night munchies!

IMG_2720

It doesn’t take much to get me excited about good clean food, and Jordan’s passion for simple, authentic, delicious food was enough to sell me instantly. I’m thinking that Husk is about to become a regular haunt for me! After all, his kitchen is CLEAN green!

Grab your keys and come on down for a taco sensation on Monday, 8/23. I’ll see you there!

Almost tripped over this image on my way out the front door!

Almost tripped over this image on the front stoop on my way out the front door!

Eat Clean, Live Well!

1. Posted August 20, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

I can hardly wait to taste his freshly prepared goodies. A great addition to Collinsville to be sure!

2. susan brudny
    Posted September 12, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

It would help to post the days & hrs of operation

3. Posted September 12, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

Hi Susan, Husk will open every day at 11am. I can’t find hours for the other end of the day, but I’ll be headed there tomorrow so I’ll let you know!

4. Posted September 14, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

Susan – I had yummy empanadas and tacos from Husk tonight! Their hours are 11:00am-10:00pm Sunday through Thursday and 11:00am-11:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays. Maybe I’ll see you there!

5. Posted September 20, 2010 at 9:12 am | Permalink

Nice painted keys on the table. If you drink a few cocktails I think you can try to pick them up! 🙂

6. Posted September 21, 2010 at 9:59 am | Permalink

…or trip over them! (The keys are on the front stoop).

7. Brad J
    Posted July 11, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Husk is a great restaurant with a casual atmosphere. While the menu is limited, this place does not disappoint. I’ve been there several times, and I can honestly say that Husk deserves all the good press it’s been receiving. This is definitely a place you want to visit and savor, and I hope it’s around for many many years.

8. Posted July 12, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

I highly recommend Sunday brunch!

9. Jackie Welsh
    Posted January 5, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Husk closed. We are so sad.

10. Posted January 5, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

Me too! But, closed does not mean gone forever. Hopefully Jordan can find a new location and reopen so we can all enjoy that delicious Sunday morning brunch again!