Jan 1

2011 – The Year of the CLEAN START!

I’m making a CLEAN START in 2011 and I hope you will join me! Okay, so I cheated just a little bit and wrote the book in 2010. But between us, I could use a little motivation and support each and every day.

The idea behind CLEAN START was to inspire eating clean and living well, no matter where you are starting, and that is how I plan to spend 2011. In the upcoming weeks, I’ll be traveling to Florida, California and Chicago, and will continue to offer programs around the Northeast as well. For those of you local to Connecticut, I’ll be resuming my InSeason Cooking Classes and look forward to being nourished by your energy and intention. Each class will feature five seasonal recipes for the foods we all need more of, with a heavy emphasis on whole grains, non-animal sources of protein, vegetables (including, but not limited to, KALE!), health and preparation tips and lots of great ways to make your meals quick, easy, delicious and nutritious!

IMG_3127

Cooking class specifics will be announced in just a few days, so be sure to check back. Plus, I’ll be sharing experiences from my clean start on my blog, and I hope you’ll share yours too so that we can benefit from each other’s wisdom!

On this New Year’s Day, here’s what my clean start looks like:

IMG_3197

Keeping a well-stocked pantry so healthy options are always readily available.

IMG_3214

More yoga to balance my running…not to mention, more consistent running!

A return to regular meditation to lock in intention and create inner peace.

IMG_3205

Of course, there’s always room for more greens and this super green drink is my favorite – by Rachel Jean!

So, on this first day of 2011, a toast to you from me for an empowered CLEAN START. May the path be simple, delicious and nourishing, and may we be stronger and more fulfilled as a result of sharing the journey.

Eat Clean Live Well!

1. angela
    Posted January 1, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

Hi Terry,
    I normally don’t write fan letters, but I am because you’ve been “feeding” me for a week now 😉 I received Clean Food for Christmas, and since the 26th, I’ve made four of the recipes and am in Love with the book! Just had two bowls of the lentil soup, soooo yum! I’m vegan, who stays away from wheat as well, your cookbook has been fab thus far. I’ve eaten clean for years, but this is the first time I’ve done so much cooking/baking! Thank you so much for easy, yet delicious, options that I can even modify to make even more diverse. Continued success to you in 2011!

Namaste
    ~ angela

2. Posted January 2, 2011 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Thank you for your kind thoughts, Angela, and wishing you continued success with your clean creations. (I’m glad you decided to write!) : )

3. Jennifer
    Posted January 2, 2011 at 12:54 am | Permalink

You can do it! Thank you for your wonderful books and for sharing your passion for eating well.

4. Posted January 2, 2011 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Thanks for inspiring a clean start to 2011. I look forward to a wonderful year ahead! Love your book….I posted on it today.
    pve

5. Posted January 2, 2011 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Thank YOU Patricia! I hope you don’t mind my sharing your blog so others can enjoy! http://www.pvedesign.blogspot.com/

6. Paige
    Posted January 2, 2011 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Hi Terri,

I am a big fan of Clean Eating! You mention in your blog that you will be traveling to Chicago and other cities in the upcoming weeks, but I see no details on your calendar. We moved from CT to the Chicago area this summer and would love to see you in person. Please let me know if you have a place and time set for your appearance. Thanks so much!

7. Posted January 2, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Permalink

Hi Paige, I’ll be posting events on my calendar as soon as I have them. I also post events on the CLEAN FOOD page on Facebook, although those posts tend to be just a day or two advanced notice. Looking forward to meeting you in Chicago!

8. Posted January 2, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

Good luck this year! I recently purchased CLEAN START and I love it. (Made the broccoli soup last night!) Your books and others have inspired me to start a microblog (http://localme.tumblr.com/) about my adventure to eat as sustainably as possible. Wish me luck, and thanks for the inspiration!

9. Posted January 2, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

Good Luck, Jay! Be sure to check back and report on your adventure here so we can all learn from your experiences!

10. Posted January 2, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

Terri-
    I can’t wait for you to offer a class closer to my hometown!! I purchased Clean Food this past summer and immediately began to make changes in my life. I was making great progress until life threw a few speed-bumps my way this past summer and fall. I recently purchased Clean Start and nothing could be closer to what I NEED right now. I can’t think of a better place to start than the very place that nourishes my very being…food. I am looking forward to my Clean Start and I am happy you are walking along as you continue your Clean Start. Thank You…..

11. Posted January 2, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

Thanks Tricia! Willington isn’t THAT far! Maybe if you shared the ride with a friend, you could join me for a class or two? I’ll be posting more information early in the week and hope to see you here or perhaps at the Coventry Farmers Market one of these days soon!

12. KC delaCruz
    Posted January 3, 2011 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Terry! You are an inspiration. A blessing to my life. You speak to me. I hear you and I get you! Cheers to you and more power to you. God bless!

13. Posted January 3, 2011 at 11:25 am | Permalink

I just wanted to thank you, Terry! I love Clean Food and am looking forward to adding Clean Start to my cookbook collection soon! You are such an inspiration! Please let us know if you plan any trips to Boston! I’d love to attend a class or reading or related event!

14. Posted January 3, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Hi Andrea! I’ll be at the Whole Foods in Dedham on March 11th from 4:30-6:30. The event is most a book signing, but we’ll have recipes for sampling and it would be a great opportunity to connect! I hope you can make it!

15. Renee
    Posted January 5, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

I was given your book (no prior knowledge) on my birthday; end of year 2010. It was the most amazing gift I’ve ever received. The intro “my mothers kitchen,” was so beautifully written. I’ve had the same feelings for so long. I wanted a deeper connection, with community, family, the earth and there it was so eloquently said.

I thank you. May you find continued peace and harmony in the new year.

16. meredith
    Posted January 8, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Permalink

We bought Clean Food over a year ago and it has been pretty much the sole source of our at-home eating since! It was also the source of the past 2 Thanksgiving and Christmas meals (the tofu kale lasagna was a big hit – even with the meat eaters in the crowd). We just got Clean Start and it’s just as fantastic! We made both the curried cauliflower stew and wild rice with lemon, fennel and dried plums today and they were absolutely delicious. Thanks so much for writing these wonderful books and for keeping our stomachs, bodies, and minds so well fueled! Keep the recipes coming!

17. Posted January 12, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

Exactly on Jan. 1 we did have a “Clean Start”. Our menu made up of recipes from CS cookbook. Everyone loved it.

Our oldest and his fiancee are meat eaters and could not believe how delicious and filling the foods were.

Our youngest (24yr old) and his girlfriend are vegetarians. They liked it all so much, they’ve declared the last week of every month vegan week. They will be picking recipes out of your cookbooks and making one meal for us!

Thank you for so many delicious ways to educate us.

God Bless you all.

Jeri Taira
    Hawaii

18. Carol
    Posted February 2, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

Hi Terry

I received “Clean Start” as a gift a few weeks back and love it (esp the curried cauliflower stew).

Do you provide (anywhere) nutritional info on the recipes?

Thanks!

19. Posted February 2, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

Hi Carol, I’m glad you’re enjoying your CLEAN START. Unfortunately, I do not have nutritional information for the recipes.