Mar 23

It’s a James Beard Nomination for CLEAN START!

On Monday at 4pm the email in my inbox said quite simply, “Congratulations!”

“On what?” I replied.

…and THAT is how I learned that CLEAN START had been nominated for a James Beard Award in the Healthy Focus category.

A year ago when CLEAN FOOD did not make the grade, I had come up with a million rationalizations to comfort myself and move on. But on Monday (and every day since), I have been overwhelmed by the incredible honor of being nominated. Regardless of what happens six weeks from now as the recipients of the James Beard Awards are announced, I’ll always have the thrill of this distinction, and am honored to share it with the incredibly talented team who helped create CLEAN START, from MacKenzie Brown Design (Andrew Brown and Kurt MacKenzie), to Gentl & Hyers Photography (Andrea Gentl and Marty Hyers), Food Stylist Heidi Johannsen Stewart and Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.

Please join me in keeping fingers crossed for the next six weeks!

1. Regina
    Posted March 23, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

Go Terry! We made polenta pizza recently (with a skeptical husband)and we LOVED it! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

2. Ali
    Posted March 23, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

That’s so wonderful, Terry! So exciting. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

3. Melissa
    Posted March 24, 2011 at 8:53 am | Permalink

I just bought your book Clean Start this past week in a bookstore (It’s how I found your website!) I fell in love with the photos and the cloth cover of the book- the whole thing just felt great. I am a pretty seasoned vegetarian cook, but this book seemed so fresh and inspiring, I couldn’t resist. My husband and I will be having Forbidden Sesame Rice and Ginger Lime Glazed Tofu tonight. It’s obvious to me why you were nominated- Great book! Congrats on the nomination!

4. Posted March 29, 2011 at 4:01 am | Permalink

A very well deserved nomination. The first I heard of your work and book was in a magazine here in the UK. The article says you have taken the US by storm. The recipes look amazing and delicious so I am not surprised. The sooner people realize that healthy eating is not difficult the better. It just takes a bit of planning and forethought.

5. Posted March 30, 2011 at 11:55 am | Permalink

I love both your books Terry. You deserve the award and so much more. I’ll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you!

6. Posted April 2, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Permalink

I would have been shouting this from the rooftops! Congratulations and I’m hoping your cookbook wins. Thanks for the great class today – I had fun and hope you come back to Phoenix soon.

7. Michaela Dempsey
    Posted April 6, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

GREAT job Terry – I know you will get it!

8. Ann Pieczek
    Posted April 28, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Permalink

Way to go Terry! Congratulations on the nomination and good luck in May! Your first book is so wonderful I cannot wait to get Clean Start! Thank you!

Ann