Dec 21

A Sweet Distraction

Three spoons and one pint of NadaMoo Coconut Milk Ice Cream is how we celebrated the first night of Hanukah…and what a delicious celebration it was!

Let’s face it. When someone asks you to taste test “Coconut Milk Non Dairy Frozen Dessert,” you definitely don’t say no – especially if you want to remain on speaking terms with your children! I have a list a mile long of blog topics I’m “supposed” to be writing about, but instead I have to tell you about last night’s NadaMoo experience.

It started when I removed the lid. Now let me be clear, I’ve never been a fan of coffee, but I love the smell and I LOVE coffee ice cream. But since when does ice cream have an aroma? Well it does now! The aroma of NadaMoo’s Java Crunch was to die for! And as a result, untrue to my regular ways, I completely forgot about reading the ingredients, grabbed a spoon and dove right in! My girls joined me immediately and within minutes (okay, so maybe it was seconds) the entire pint was gone. We have no regrets!

Here are the ingredients: Organic coconut milk, organic agave nectar, organic rice syrup solids, organic inulin, organic espresso, organic cacao nibs, organic guar gum, organic locust bean gum, sea salt. Pretty clean if you ask me, and this incredible ice cream is dairy free, gluten free and vegan!

Needless to say, I am now officially a NadaMoo fan and can’t wait to try “Mmmm…Maple Pecan” tonight!

In the meantime, don’t forget that there are still two weeks left of my Giving Thanks Giveaway and all you need to do to enter is…

1. Write a comment on this post sharing your favorite sweet distraction around the holidays or anytime!

2. “Share” the CLEAN FOOD Facebook page with your friends, or

3. Retweet an @terrywalters tweet on Twitter!

Two more cookbooks will be given away this Friday! Will one of them be for you?

Eat clean live well!

1. Posted December 21, 2011 at 10:52 am | Permalink

Egg Nog……..Loooooove Egg Nog – of course, Vegan style 😉

2. Christie
    Posted December 21, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Permalink

Yum! Sounds delicious!

3. Suzanne
    Posted December 21, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Sounds delish! Do they sell it at whole foods? I guess my lastest indulgence are the homemade cookies we’ve been making (all vegan at least…)

4. Posted December 21, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Permalink

Suzanne, NadaMoo is available at some Whole Foods Markets as well as a variety of other stores. To find a dealer near you, check out this link to their website: http://www.nadamoo.com/wheretobuy.html

5. Posted December 21, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Dark chocolate!

6. Posted December 21, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Permalink

Oh Tara…I’m with you on that one! (Have you tried Divine Dark Chocolate 70%?)

7. Kristie
    Posted December 21, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

My mom’s banana bread. She only makes it around Christmas – she bakes it Christmas morning so the house smells wonderful and it’s a great way to start the day.

8. Laura F.
    Posted December 21, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

This sounds really delicious…especially because it’s still hot where I live in Florida!
    My favorite holiday treat is my mother in law’s strawberry cheesecake.

9. Posted December 22, 2011 at 10:03 am | Permalink

Hi Terry! Thank you so much for your kind review of my creation, NadaMoo!. I love all my “babies” but the Java Crunch flavor is extra special to me because it was inspired by a good, coffee-loving friend named Frank. Like you, I’m not a coffee drinker but love the aroma. By using the fresh espresso grounds instead of brewed espresso I was able to get the coffee aroma and just enough of the creamy coffee color and taste to satisfy both Frank and me. Throw in some cacao nibs for a little raw chocolate crunch and, behold, Java Crunch!. Anyway, thanks for spreading the word. Have a wonderful weekend. Amy (aka Captain Coconut)

10. Karen
    Posted December 22, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

A recipe for “snowball cookies” that I picked up at a cookie swap a few years back. My kids love making them with me during this time of year for teacher gifts and of course snacking on!

Have a wonderful Holiday and a Happy New Year!

11. susan
    Posted December 23, 2011 at 8:22 am | Permalink

ooh, this is what i am going to buy this weekend-so nice to see a healthy alternative to ice cream

12. Jennifer H.
    Posted December 23, 2011 at 11:01 am | Permalink

Today I will brave the rabid holiday shoppers to secure some NadaMoo! Java Crunch here I come. Thanks for the heads up!

13. Dona Skaggs
    Posted December 23, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

looks good, my sweet distracts at the holiday , i dont have one, I stick to do I really need it. Small portions to every little bit does help.

14. Rebecca Sobin
    Posted January 8, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Brownies, of course… Made your recipe from Clean Start for cocoa brownies for a get together for my teen and friends and aside from a few that were squished when someone sat on them, they all were eaten. Come to think of it, they ate the squished ones as well!