Dec 24

Holiday Winners!

It may be winter outside, but it’s getting hot in the kitchen with the announcement of this week’s CLEAN FOOD and CLEAN START winners!

And they are… Lili U & Jennifer Thurman Sebestyen! Congratulations!

There’s just one more week to enter to win your own copy of CLEAN FOOD or CLEAN START! All you need to do to enter is:

1. Share a comment on this post with your hopes, dreams and intentions for 2012,

or

2. “Share” the CLEAN FOOD Facebook page with your friends!

Eat clean live well!

1. Posted December 24, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

In 2012 I’d love to learn how to play the piano. 🙂

2. Beth
    Posted December 25, 2011 at 9:23 am | Permalink

Incorporate meditation into my wellness realm

3. Posted December 25, 2011 at 11:15 am | Permalink

With all kids either married or soon-to-be married; with elderly parents needing extra caregiving; and a new grandson born this year; my wish for 2012 is to enjoy family and to share our special moments together.

Blessings to all for a Happy New Year!

4. Karen
    Posted December 25, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

To keep my family healthy by putting nothing but “clean” foods in their bodies and to teach the rest of my extended family that good food doesn’t have to taste like cardboard and they can say no to the high fructose corn syrup! 🙂

5. Dona Skaggs
    Posted December 25, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

my intentions are to successfully complete my first year at my community college, while i work a full time job and fine tune my eating and workout to lose 60lbs. And I am 50yrs old.

6. Andrea Julian
    Posted December 26, 2011 at 12:20 am | Permalink

To take more time out for myself. I always put family first, and tend to neglect myself. It is definitely something I will work on in 2012.

7. Lena L.
    Posted December 26, 2011 at 10:57 am | Permalink

To continue on the clean road and get my family following the same path!

8. Posted December 26, 2011 at 11:08 am | Permalink

To help my community to bring clean food to those in need through education and sharing food and resources.
    To empower others to grow their own food.

9. Posted December 26, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

My hope for 2012 is to cut the caffeine and to make yoga a regular practice again.

10. Angela
    Posted December 26, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

Go fearlessly into the new year so that I can rejoice in the successes and have no regrets about the failures. And continue to eat well… it’s contagious. I see the changes my family members are making and they are doing great!

11. Jennifer H.
    Posted December 26, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Permalink

Last spring I started my clean eating program using Clean Food as my guide. (I found this exceptional book by chance in the library.) So far I’ve lost almost 60 lbs and am feeling renewed. My intention for 2012 is to continue my journey on the healthy and peaceful path. I am so grateful to Terry for creating such an excellent resource. Best wishes to everyone in 2012!

12. Posted December 29, 2011 at 9:44 am | Permalink

Congratulations Jennifer and thank you all for sharing these great intentions and this journey!

13. Posted December 27, 2011 at 12:15 am | Permalink

My hope for 2012 is to include even more healthy foods into my family’s diet and to be a more patient Mommy.

14. Kristina E.
    Posted December 27, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

My goals for 2012 are 1)to eat 100% clean and 2) to live clean. 🙂 I love the idea of a holistic lifestyle and I think starting with the food I eat is the way to go!

15. Kelsi
    Posted December 27, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

My intention is to get pregnant!

16. Kate Miller
    Posted December 28, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

In 2012 I want to be proud of all the foods I eat. I want to be proud of eating clean and whole and thinking of my food as a part of my life, not just as a chore!

17. Joan B.
    Posted December 29, 2011 at 9:24 am | Permalink

My goal in 2012 is to treat my body kindly…to nourish my body with clean healthy food, to shape my body with exercise and to fill my mind with positive thoughts. (Received your book “Clean Food” for Christmas and am completely inspired!!!)

18. Posted December 29, 2011 at 9:48 am | Permalink

All of these responses are such inspiration! When I first started teaching cooking classes over 11 years ago I was hoping to connect with like-minded individuals who could share the journey. From day one, sharing this journey has helped keep me moving forward on this adventure and gives me the strength to continue eating clean and living well! THANK YOU!!!

19. Jamie Berzinskas
    Posted December 29, 2011 at 10:33 am | Permalink

In 2012, my intentions are to change my life through my relationship with food. I want to learn to eat healthy and live healthy, and by doing this I hope to lose the weight i need to and repair my current health.

20. Posted December 29, 2011 at 10:35 am | Permalink

To take out the time to enjoy life and relax more with friends and family. Develop a strategy to reach out to those in the community who have less and share with those interested in learning how to cook and eat healthy foods for their body, the planet and all living beings.

21. Jen
    Posted December 29, 2011 at 10:52 am | Permalink

My goal for 2012 is to help my family start the year with a clean body and spirit. We have been struggling with diet since my son was born three years ago. He suffers from reflux and has a hard time trusting food. We have seen great improvement, but have a long way to go. I feel lucky because I have the power to teach him good eating habits and teach him that food can make you feel good. I also had a sweet baby girl at the end of November. I hope to raise both my children understanding that the power of good health is up to them by eating the right foods.

22. Posted December 29, 2011 at 10:53 am | Permalink

I plan to build and grow a stronger family nucleus for myself and my two teenage daughters with more listening, love, laughter & support.

23. Vicki
    Posted December 29, 2011 at 11:53 am | Permalink

REALLY want to get worms this year! (the vermiculture type 😉 And definitely planting some cherry tomatoes… Missed them the last couple of years.

24. Posted December 29, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

2012 will be a renewal year for me. I am committed to be fat free by 50, I turn 50 on April 18th. This means I will start a daily workout, better nutrition, less carbs and feel great come my 50th. Not only will I get my physical self in shape but I am going to work on our finances as well, get my disorder in order at home and our business!!

25. Karen Brown
    Posted December 29, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Permalink

My goal for 2012 is to continue to decrease processed food and increase the number of clean meals and snacks for me and my family.

26. Robin Holdren
    Posted December 29, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

On December 20th, we surprized a friend of ours, Hank, by giving him a copy Clean Start, along with fixing the New Year’s Day Soup in Clean Start. It bursted with flavor, VERY easy to fix and inspired many of our guests [including me] to start 2012 with a committment to eat healthier, expand our organic garden and just say no to the unhealthy foods. It’s OK to eat clean and safe food and to share with others. We are also committed to practicing Yoga and adding more exercise into our day. Life is too short not to enjoy it…here we come 2012!

27. Elena Zweifler
    Posted December 29, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

I want to eat healthier!

28. Posted December 29, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

In 2012 my first and most important goal is to get back on track with healthier eating habits and a fitness routine – my normal routine has gotten off track this Fall between vacation and holiday indulgences! I’m also planning to make more time for my husband and I to have fun together and to enjoy one another more.

29. Kristin
    Posted December 29, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

This year I am putting me first! Water will be the first thing that flushes my system in the morning and will plan my menu weekly.

30. Laura F.
    Posted December 29, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

My biggest goal this year is to spend more time with my friends that live close by and keep in better touch with friends that live in other states.That is a part of my life I have been neglecting while taking of teenagers,dogs, and a husband

31. Kara
    Posted December 29, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

My goal for 2012 is to pay attention to everything I eat. More veggies, fruits and whole grains and less processed food. Hopefully I will lose some weight along the way!

32. Posted December 29, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Permalink

My goal for 2012 is to write my own book on yoga, food, and my adventures in uprooting my life for love.

33. Jennifer
    Posted December 29, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Permalink

Thank you!!! So excited to be a winner!

34. Nancy
    Posted December 30, 2011 at 12:13 am | Permalink

Continue on my healthy journey that I started last year. Looking forward to the start of the CSA in the spring to get the wonderful organic produce to feed my body “good things”.

35. Ellen Manning
    Posted December 30, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

Thank your for the Collard Greens and Black-Eyed Peas recipe from Clean Food. I’l be making it on Sunday morning for a New Year’s Day brunch. My goal for 2012 is to prepare more (clean) food at home and eat fewer restaurant meals.

36. Carol
    Posted December 30, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

Although we have been eating healthy for years there is always room for improvement. In 2012 I would like to be in the best health before I turn 50 at the end of the year!

37. Krista Andersen
    Posted December 31, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

I intend to make at least one clean food recipe for dinner every week of the new year.

38. Loren T
    Posted January 4, 2012 at 12:31 am | Permalink

I hope to cure my colitis through eating a clean diet. It has been my goal over the past year to get off my medication. I am down to 3 pills a day from 8 and hope in the next few months to taper off completely.
    I believe diet is the key to this!