From Energy Bars to Peach Soup: 6 Vegan Recipes From Terry Walters
treehugger.com | September 25, 2012
Acclaimed chef, nutritionist, and best-selling cookbook author, Terry Walters, is a pioneer in ‘clean’ eating, creating delicious recipes that rely on beautiful, wholesome ingredients rather than their refined distant cousins.
In her two books, Clean Start: Inspiring You to Eat Clean and Live Well with 100 New Clean Food Recipes and Clean Food, Revised Edition: A Seasonal Guide to Eating Close to the Source, Walters offer hundreds of recipes, mostly vegan and many gluten-free, for the health-minded home cook who doesn’t want to sacrifice flavor in the name of wholesome food.
The following recipes, from Clean Start, use late summer and early autumn produce, ingredients which should still be available in most regions of the country, in dishes that seamlessly transition the seasons. Bon appétit!
Featured recipes from CLEAN START:
- Raw Kale Confetti Salad with Toasted Sunflower Seeds (page 31)
- Peach Gazpacho with Heirloom Tomatoes (page 59)
- Chopped Salad with Blackberry Shallot Vinaigrette (page 71)
- Fingerling Potatoes with Red Onion and Sage (page 74)
- Energy Squares (page 82)
- Black Currant Plum Crisp (page 85)