Oct 30

INspiring in New York City!

Quitting has never been part of my vocabulary, and yet it is exactly what opened the door and allowed me to make a life change fueled by my passion for clean food. Craving a path where I could have one definition for success for my personal AND professional lives (as opposed to two), I quit my ‘politically correct career’ and found myself enrolling in a little-known school in New York City. In 1999, in a classroom with approximately 60 other students, I delved into my love of good food and good health with no idea that this exploration would lay the foundation for what is now my career. And just one week ago I returned to New York City to address current students and alumni at this same school – now a powerhouse institution fueling a world-wide movement that’s “teaching the future of nutrition.”

Onstage and onscreen at Lincoln Center!

Cooking up some CLEAN FOOD in front of a live audience of more than 500 people plus 5,000 tuned in through IIN's live webcast.

Hanging backstage with the great Joy Bauer!

With Institute for Integrative Nutrition's founder, Joshua Rosenthal.

What a journey it has been since I was a student at Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and what an honor it was to return as a presenter. My sincere thanks to all who attended the conference, both at Lincoln Center and via live simulcast, for your warm welcome back to IIN.

Eat clean live well!

1. Posted October 30, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

Man I really wish I had made the trip to be there in person! Congratulations on all the success you’ve had since making that critical decision to change paths. :-)

2. Posted October 30, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Loved your presentation! — I agree with Andrea, wish I could have been there in person too.

3. Posted October 30, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

Thank you both! Andrea, I think we made up for time this past weekend in Boston!

4. Posted October 30, 2012 at 9:36 pm | Permalink

Terry,
    I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to watch you create those fabulous recipes through the simulcast. You are so relatable and I love your approach to cooking! I look forward to following you moving forward.

With love and gratitude,
    Liz

5. Posted November 1, 2012 at 9:43 am | Permalink

Thank you, Liz! I appreciate your kind words and look forward to sharing the journey!

6. Posted November 5, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

Congrats Terry; you are amazing and such an inspiration.
    xoxo
    Keep up the great work. Honored to be your clean eating buddy!

7. Posted November 5, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

xoxo right back at ‘cha, Amie!