Mar 18

Lunch at the Shop

I have been craving Peter Miller’s debut book, Lunch at the Shop, as if it were an ounce of the finest dark chocolate. Now that it is here, it is I who is melting into it, lost in the stories of food and foraging that define Seattle’s fresh food scene, and enraptured by the wit and heart that will make you adore Peter Miller as much as I do.

My most recent visit to Seattle will forever be defined in my mind by my time with Peter. During the day, he led me through Pike’s Place Market, introduced me to every vendor (each his longtime friend), taught me how and where to buy wine, explained the history of his favorite restaurants, chefs and their families… and instead of giving me directions to my next destination, he walked me there. Before parting ways, Peter suggested a late afternoon walk, and then insisted I join him and and his wife Colleen for dinner.

Terry-Walters-Peter-Miller

It is not often I meet someone as warm and caring, someone who appreciates life and takes time… no, makes time… to breathe it all in. Now you can have the privilege of sharing his company too. Lunch at the Shop will warm your heart, make you laugh and make you fall in love with the very idea of preparing and sharing a meal. Should you decide to treat yourself to Lunch at the Shop, I promise you will be as nourished by it as by any meal.

Lunch-At-The-Shop-Pete-Miller

Share your favorite lunchtime ritual, recipe or story to be entered into a raffle for a signed copy of Lunch at the Shop, and may you always…

Eat clean and live well.

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share

1. Lisa Story
    Posted March 18, 2014 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

I know this book must be fabulous if you are in love with it! And…being a book lover…I’m sure I will adore it. I wish I could say I had a lunchtime ritual…but I do have the dream of one. My dream is to enjoy at least a one hour lunch every day with friends or family. I work from home so lunch is typically pretty quiet and simple. I look forward to reading the book!!

2. Alyssa Ostergren
    Posted March 21, 2014 at 4:32 am | Permalink

My favorite lunchtime ritual… In the summer my daughter and I can always be found at the Coventry Farmer’s Market every Sunday. After my 4 year old picks out my veggies from our CSA, we grab our smoothie and a fresh burrito and head out to the open field to run around and make some new friends. Man I can wait for June!!!

3. Posted March 21, 2014 at 8:41 am | Permalink

Alyssa…now you can bring gluten-free banana bread for dessert! ; )

4. Karin Ross
    Posted March 26, 2014 at 7:48 am | Permalink

My weekday lunch ritual is to pack my lunch. Mostly leftover (delish) but in the warm weather I prefer assembled salads and veggie wraps.
    I always pack something sweet for dessert like fruit or a small amount of yogurt.

5. Richard Milne
    Posted April 9, 2014 at 11:38 am | Permalink

Just met Peter on the train and he mentioned his book — I look forward to reading it. A man who immerses himself in literature, wine, good food, kindness and hospitality, among no doubt many other “vices”, is a treasure and I will happily provide a small measure of support by purchasing Lunch at the Shop.

6. Jenni
    Posted April 30, 2014 at 12:09 am | Permalink

My favorite times at lunch are when I can stop and sit down and engage with my children and look them in the eyes, where we can take time to be heard and acknowledged. Satisfying to our tummies and our spirits! When they are at school I enjoy parking bento style lunches to send them a rainbow and variety of choices.