Mar 4

The Promised Recipe

Who remembers this photo that was posted on the CLEAN FOOD Facebook page last week?

Quino-Cabbage-Salad-Recipe

If you’ve been following the journey on Facebook or here on my blog, you know that I’ve been completely immersed in recipe testing for book three. I’m excited about sharing all of these new recipes with you when the book comes out in November; but in the meantime, THIS recipe was just too yummy to keep to myself.

So… I’m making good on my promise: click here to find my new Crunchy Quinoa and Cabbage Salad! It’s from the Summer section, but most of the ingredients are available now, and you can always leave out the cherry tomatoes until August (it WILL be August soon, won’t it?).

Enjoy this preview of one of many new recipes that I hope will be among your favorites, and as always…

Eat Clean Live Well.

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share

1. Posted March 5, 2014 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

Terry – this looks delicious and a perfect recipe to point my spring detox group to. Looking forward to book three (and August)!

2. Posted March 5, 2014 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

I hope you all enjoy it! More coming soon!

3. Carolyn
    Posted March 23, 2014 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

In some of your recipies, you call for extra firm silken tofu. In the store , the silken tofu I find is not firm. Should I use firm or soft tofu?

4. Posted March 23, 2014 at 2:26 pm | Permalink

Hi Carolyn,

Either firm or extra-firm will work. I’ve noticed that only Mori Nu’s Firm Silken tofu is organic. If that’s the brand you’re purchasing, I’d go with the firm. It’s more important to me that tofu be organic than extra firm. Here’s a link to see what it looks like.

I hope that helps! What are you making? Chocolate Mousse? Rice Pudding? Eat clean live well!

Terry

5. Carolyn
    Posted March 23, 2014 at 8:30 pm | Permalink

Hi Terry,
    The brand of tofu available in the produce section of my grocery store is nasoya. All varieties are organic but the choices are extra firm, firm or silken. I made the chocolate lovers’ tart with the silken tofu and it came out great. I am currently addicted to your caesar salad dressing and the raw kale salad with northern beans and kalamata olives. I am working my way through all the recipes in your book. I love them all. You are amazing! Thank you

6. Posted March 24, 2014 at 8:15 am | Permalink

You made the right choice, Carolyn! If it doesn’t say silken, it won’t whip smooth. Glad your tart was a success and even more happy to learn how much you’re loving your book. I can’t wait to share the new book I’ve been working on all winter. It’s coming out great, with more than 160 recipes, and will be out November 1st this year! Eat clean live well!

Terry