EXAMINER.COM | The Official 2015 Vegetarian Cookbook List for Newbies and the Recommitted
View the full article at examiner.com | January 1, 2015 | A. Michelle Blakeley
The carefully curated cookbooks below are all the inspiration you need to take being a vegetarian, one day at a time. Each month, I will feature a book from the list and post a weekly recipe accompanied by an interview with the author. I want readers to eat with their eyes first, and then for content. Even if you are a “seasoned” vegetarian or “foodporn” addict, you will not be disappointed. We’re talking about endless pages of vibrant, flavorful, fresh and wholesome recipes.
1. Eat Clean Live Well by Terry Walters (Sterling Epicure, 2014)
2. Afro-Vegan: Farm-Fresh African, Caribbean, and Southern Flavors Remixed by Bryant Terry (Ten Speed Press, 2014)
3. Herbivoracious by Michael Natkin (Harvard Common Press, 2014)
4. The Vibrant Table by Anya Kassoff (Roost Books, 2014)
5. Plenty More by Yotam Ottolenghi (Ten Speed Press, 2014)
6. But I Could Never Go Vegan by Kristy Turner (The Experiment, 2014)
7. Veggie Burgers Every Which Way by Lukas Volger (The Experiment, 2014)
8. Green Kitchen Travels by David Frenkiel and Luis Vindahl (Hardie Grant Books, 2014)
9. The Southern Vegetarian by Justin Fox Burks and Amy Lawrence (Thomas Nelson, 2013)
10. Plant Powered for Life by Sharon Palmer (The Experiment, 2014)
11. Whole Grains by Julie Karla (Karla’s Nordic Kitchen, 2014) and Homemade Flour Cookbook by Erin Anderson (Fair Winds Press, 2014)
12. Pure Food by Veronica Bosgraaf (Crown Publishing Group, 2015)
I can assure you, with these authors and cookbooks, your journey and commitment to being a vegetarian will be nothing short of mind-blowing and enlightening. Don’t miss the interview series with each of the authors or the recipes, subscribe to my feed or follow me on Instagram for the featured recipes at @vegetarianaficionado.